The Voice of New England Student Registered
The New England Assembly of Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists (NEASRNA) has been in existence since 1981.
The founder and first Chairman was Bill Evans, a student in the Pawtucket Memorial Hospital Nurse Anesthesia program in Rhode Island. The assembly was formed to provide student representation at the New England Assembly of School Faculty (NEASF).
NEASRNA serves as a vehicle for anesthesia students, in the New England, New Jersey, & New York areas to assemble and exchange ideas of common concern. NEASRNA serves as a communication link between the student body and school faculty.
The assembly assists students in gaining insight and experience in the following areas:
1) Faculty and student communication
2) Collegial networks
3) Group processes, role responsibility, and leadership
4) National and professional issues, lobbying activities
5) Professional commitment and participation
6) Continuing education
- To facilitate communication pathways between the NEASF and the NEASRNA.
- To plan and execute student group meetings to enhance communication, education, and professional involvement.
- To organize/create committees within NEASRNA: nominations, fundraising, professional issues, and
- To promote camaraderie among fellow student nurse anesthetists.
- To encourage student participation in NEASRNA.
- To meet at least four times per year in order to adequately meet these objectives.
- To review these objectives and revise them as necessary.